Still Smoke Free - 59 Days

2 Clear smoke free Months. Heres your 3rd Month in quitting room.

Still Smoke Free - 59 Days

Postby Gigi1961 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well, I made it through my trip to Reno without smoking. It was great, my sister decided to quit 5 days before we left and she didn't smoke the whole time either.

My 49th birthday is today and I feel great not smoking. My appetite is even getting better and I lost a few pounds that I gained during the quit. Things are definitely looking up. Still have moments when a cig would be nice (would it though?) But, just ignore the thought and remind myself that I am a non-smoker and non-smokers don't smoke!

Hope everyone is feeling better in their quit - it's so worth it in the long run. Loving Life!

Hugs to my buddies.

Gigi
Gigi1961

Re: Still Smoke Free - 59 Days

Postby wolfman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Good for you Gigi...I guess that calls for a double congrats...Happy Birthday for one and congratulations on your 59 days. :Give_A_Heart:
Keep up the good work.. :Give_A_Heart:

Wolfe
You wear the chains you forge in life. You make them link by link.
wolfman

Postby Nosmo King » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi Gigi

Happy Birthday - Many Happy Returns, and congratulations on being smoke free for 59 days.
What a nice birthday present to have given yourself.

Best wishes
Graham

My last cigarette was just before bedtime 25th April 2010
Nosmo King

Postby devilsangel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Happy Birthday Gigi and congratulations on 59 smoke free days :YaY: :YaY:
Great to hear your friend has quit too, must have made your trip that much easier for you. We will miss you when you move into the month 3 room, but we'll see you there soon :Grin:
Not One Puff Since 26 April 2010
devilsangel

Postby Jase » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:38 pm

59 days is absolutely terrrific as quits go. Aint noone can take this from you.

Well done and good to hear your sis has quit now too, heck if sisters cannot be a rock for each other in a quit who can?

nice to see, and even better to see 59 days there.. wow!!!
Before you talk, listen. Before you act, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. - Ernest Hemingway
Having quit smoking in July 2009, the freedom I know now, i'd recommend to anyone quitting smoking today!

I found all the following links to contain some incredibly helpful info while I've been quitting, check them out:
Dealing with Stress * My Demon * 19 Craving Stoppers * 40 tips for a successful quit * The Terrible 3's
Goodbye letter to cigarettes * The Smeagol and Gollum in me * You Come too! * Quit Easy PDF - Common Sense Advice!
Jase

Postby margareth » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:16 am

Morning Gigi :lol:

WOW that's great hun 59 days smoke free and really pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip to Reno with your Sister and also well done to here for following your lead and quitting

Love and a Hug

Marg xx
margareth

Return to Month 3