58 days + still

2 Clear smoke free Months. Heres your 3rd Month in quitting room.

58 days + still

Postby melja » Mon May 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi all
58 days and could still kill for a cigarette, I thought by now the little suckers should'nt be bothering me too much :Dont_Know: ,I gave in last week - not with a ciggie but had a drag on one of the inhalator - mind you doubt that did me any good apart from psychologically, seeing as though they're 8 months out of date :Big_Blush: :Big_Blush: mind you it stopped me having a propper one. :Blinkie: .
My big brother decided to stop last week :YaY: to keep me company - the fact that we live 200 miles apart probably helps - means we cant kill each other :lol: :lol: , my sis in law is going to have a try soon, as she said , if I can then any body and their uncle can, seeing as though I was such an ardent smoker :Big_Blush: ,cant tell em how bloody hard I'm finding it :No: .

Oh yes I beat hubby too - he gave in and had his crisps and I havent had a ciggie yet :lol:
MELJA
melja

Re: 58 days + still

Postby June » Mon May 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Well done melja

:Mexican_Wave: 58 days :Good: i agree the inhalator even though out of date was better :Big_Blush: :lol: .. well done to your brother too :Drinks:

hubby not gave up his crisp :Shock3: :No: :No: dont blame him i cant give them up either :lol: :lol: :Raspberry2: .. well done you are doing well :Give_A_Heart:

June..xx
ONLY ONE PUFF AWAY FROM 20 A DAY... Image
June

Postby aberdeen » Mon May 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi melja

Well done you :Grin: :Ok: :Good:

I still have the odd crave but not too acute and I'm in month 3 too and done almost a week in here, but today none whatsoever today so I can only say it must start to get better :Good: :Grin:

Using the inhalator is so much better than suffering, I have cut down on the patches and use the inhalator when I feel a crave. As long as it keeps us away from the cigs :Good:

IF I HAVE JUST ONE, I'LL BE BACK WHERE I STARTED.
WHERE I STARTED WAS DESPERATELY WISHING I WAS WHERE I AM TODAY.

Kindly lent to me by wolfe
aberdeen
One Day at a Time

Postby wolfman » Mon May 24, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi Melja,
yeah...around that time I remember that feeling too. I also remember, as you say, wonder why these "little suckers" are still bothering me.
First I'd like to congratulate you on hanging in there. I'm also going to tell ya quite frankly that the feeling might stay with you a bit longer. However....let me also say that at this point, you simply.....must hang on.
Shoot for a target.....What I did is I shot for 100 days, triple figures, still my favorite to date.
Melja, I don't want you to think....oh crap, such a long way away. I want you to think...wow, I'm going to be 60 days and moving into the 3 month room. I don't want you to throw away what you have worked for.
I'd much rather you were proud of what you have achieved and where you are going. You are now at a point that when a crave comes up, one of the first things that should be entering your mind is.....there's no way I am giving this quit up.
Hey, you just keep on following me, keeps me alert. :lol:
Wolfe
You wear the chains you forge in life. You make them link by link.
wolfman

Postby devilsangel » Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 am

Well done Melja - nearly 2 months :YaY: :YaY: :YaY: :YaY:
Not One Puff Since 26 April 2010
devilsangel

Postby margareth » Tue May 25, 2010 6:14 am

Morning Melja :lol:

Huge Image on almost 60 days smoke free that's great and you're doing really well :YaY: :YaY: :YaY:

If the inhalor is helping you when you hit a bad day them stick with it hun this feeling you have at times could go on for a while longer but you're already through the worst of this

Keep going hun you've come to far to let it beat you now all that hard work for nothing we're all here for you whenever you need a boost promise or even if you don't :lol:

Just see what you've achieved as well as your own smoke free life you have your Brother following in your footsteps and also your Sister in Law is soon to follow you as well be proud of that as well hun because they've realised that you've done it so they can as well :Good: :Grin:

Love and Hugs

Marg xx
margareth

Postby lindaspicer » Tue May 25, 2010 10:19 am

Well done hun
59 days now thats great it do take a time for these feelings to go away altogether but they will. Everyones diffrent I found all my quits are diffrent some seam to get over it faster than others. But you have come much to far to give in now and if you really think about it these craves are more thoughts and nothing like the craves of the first week. keep strong chick your doing great.xxxxxxx

40 plus a day for 35 years now on my second year smoke free and I done it CT this time. yesssssssssssssss
I quit smoking 23rd of nov 2008.
lindaspicer
Forum Helper

Postby melja » Tue May 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks for the words of support everyone - i'm not gonna worry about using the inhalator on the odd occasion, afterall cold turkey is very difficult, haven't touched it since but am keeping it just in case, rather that than the real thing :Good:

Have got my 100 days on my calendar, so will be following you closely Wolfe so you have to stay alert now :lol: I'll soon be in that room with you :Grin:
MELJA
melja

Postby Bev » Tue May 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Well done Melja 59 days!!!ImageImageImageImageImageImage you're doing brilliantly, going into month 3 woohooo :Give_A_Heart: :Give_A_Heart: :Give_A_Heart:
Great to hear your brother has quit too, lets hope your sis in law follows you. All the best in your new room :Give_A_Heart: :Give_A_Heart: :Grin:
Bev
One Day at a Time

Return to Month 3